Driving Technic turntables from inner gear?

Submit patched parts
Philo

Driving Technic turntables from inner gear?

Postby Philo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:00 pm

I can't seem to be able to mesh anything with the inner Z24 gear of Technic turntables (48452 or 2856 parts). Do I do something wrong? the patch file correctly shows a G 24 connection there.

xSergio74

Re: Driving Technic turntables from inner gear?

Postby xSergio74 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:08 am

Philo wrote:I can't seem to be able to mesh anything with the inner Z24 gear of Technic turntables (48452 or 2856 parts). Do I do something wrong? the patch file correctly shows a G 24 connection there.

Hi,
never try to use it. Send me a sample and I will check.
Still much, much, much busy so application development will drastically slow down !!!! :cry:

Sergio
Sergio Reano
(Author of the program)

Philo

Postby Philo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:28 am

Hi Sergio,
never try to use it. Send me a sample and I will check.
Here attached...
Still much, much, much busy so application development will drastically slow down !!!!
Very bad news indeed... :(

Philo
Attachments
turntables.L3B
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 199 times

QuizMark

Postby QuizMark » Sun May 04, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi all!

I am also having this problem - I have aligned an 8t gear with the inner track of the 48452, but it just spins next to the track. This was reported back in 2011 - is there a fix yet? If not, is one due (maybe in the next release)?

In a related question, can you point me in the direction of info on what the data structure in the CONNS folder DAT files are? I guess G is Gear(?) and C is connection(?), however these types are not explained in the LDraw definition, and the numbers afterwards don't follow that definition either. I compared the data in the various gear DAT files, but can't spot a pattern. For instance:
* If the G line does mean Gear, why is the 20t gear shown as a 12?
* Why are some connections shown twice?
* Why are some of the numbers negated and those in the same position in another file not?
* Where are the DATs for the 8t and 36t - they rotate correctly, but don't appear to have been patched!
And so on. If you can send or direct me to the info, I will have a go at fixing my problem myself, but at the moment, I am flying blind!

Sorry if this info is elsewhere on these boards, but none of my searches threw up anything helpful! Thanks in advance for your time!

xSergio74

Postby xSergio74 » Sun May 11, 2014 12:37 am

Hi,
driving the turntable from the inner gear is still not supported: quite difficult to manage a part with 2 gear in the same position (even with different sizes)
About your other questions:
First of all I do not follow the lDraw directions about connections. I develop my connection definition in this way:
C means "connection"
G measn "gear connection"
D means "delete and existing connection" (you can find some parts with this entry)
The numbers following the C or D means
- The connection type (stud, axle, hole, ...)
- (x,y,z) position of the connection
- (x,y,z) versors of the connection orientation
Numer following G means
- The number of tooth the gear has
- (x,y,z) position of the connection
- (x,y,z) versors of the connection orientation

Since my application is able to recognize on the fly most parts connections, only the missed ones are manually added to the \Conns folder.
Furthermore, some connections are added only when there is a real need in the model to have them. A belt connection for example is added to part only if a belt has been really created for the specific part.

You may find additional information on this link:
http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/Debug.html

Byes

Sergio
Sergio Reano
(Author of the program)

Return to “Patched parts”