Working with flex parts

Have any problems with SR3D Builder? Discuss them here!
Pixelboy

Working with flex parts

Postby Pixelboy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:27 pm

Greetings.

I just started studying SR 3D Builder, and while it was a little difficult for me to understand the interface at first, I'm starting to get the hang of it. I want to build custom classic-space-themed sets with the software, and then produce instruction booklets, so I will not be using the animation features of SR 3D Builder, just so you know.

With this said, I'm trying to plan ahead and figure out the more "problematic" aspects of building my space sets and test a few things before I get into the thick of it, and one of these aspects is the flex parts. I will be including plenty of 8.5L hoses with tabless ends in my space sets, so I need to figure out the Flex Part Generator. The problem is, I can't find any documentation on the subject anywhere. I can enter a length in the textbox of the Flex Part Generator/Ribbed Hose, but from there, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Some tips would be appreciated.

Also, I saw a French video on YouTube that says that flex parts defined under SR 3D Builder are not "understood" by LPub, and that I need to add my flexible hose parts under MLCad in order to have such flex parts properly rendered under LPub. Is this still true?

Thanks in advance for any information. :)

Pixelboy

Re: Working with flex parts

Postby Pixelboy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Oh wait, I just realized that ribbed hoses in SR 3D Builder are parts in themselves, and do not actually correspond to the flexible section of a tabbed hose in non-Technic sets. Okay, so now I understand why I need to use MLCad for this...

Return to “Support Forum”