I would like to report the following bug with a temporary fix, just in case some other users come across similar problem they won't get stuck:
After upgrade from Win XP to Win 8.1, I re-installed the SR3D application, run it and created a L3B file. I closed and open SR3D application, open the L3B file again, found the following problem:
- it takes very long time to load the small L3B file
- while loading, the appearance of the parts looks strange, they appear and disappeared, some looks dim grey, some with random color
- when it seems finished loading, only a few parts were displayed, cannot show the rest of the parts in the assembly, therefore, cannot proceed to work on the assembly
- Windows task manager reported that the SR3D application using around 1.4G of memory (it should not due to my L3B file as it is very simple)
My PC is running Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition 64 bit, hardware is Core 2 CPU with 2G Ram, Nvidia driver is latest. This happens every time when SR3D is started and load a file. The same PC was running Windows XP 32 bit and SR3D before upgrade to Win 8.1 without any problem.
Then I discovered a temporary fix, after SR3D started, I click a part from the library and let it appear in the viewport, then load my L3B file, everything seems alright then. I can live with this for the moment, and hope that the problem can be fixed in future.