Help request

Have any problems with SR3D Builder? Discuss them here!
xSergio74

Help request

Postby xSergio74 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:44 am

Hi everybody,

this time is my turn to ask for some help. This is what I need:

1 - I need 4 or 5 volountaries to test the mirror building function to discover which part have a wrong rotation when mirrored. To do that you have to start the mirror building feature and test each parts (including patterned ones) for the correct rotation. It's a long and a bit tedious work: that's why at least 4 persons are needed to split the work.
The result have to be a text file having a list of the filenames of non working parts, one on each row.

2 - I need to update the Tire Manager pairs according to latest wheels and tires made available.
To do that you have to perform a search for the word "wheel" in the toolbox (looking for wheels type is not enough) and, for each part displayed that is not an assembly, find which suitable tires fit on it.
The result should consist of 3 text files:
TireManager.txt should contain the pairs of the filenames of wheel - tire one for each row and separated by a TAB character.
If a wheel has more than one supported tire, then multiple rows must appear on the file where the wheel filename remains the same while the tire file name changes on every row.

TireMissConn.txt should contain the list of the tires filenames that fits on a wheel but the connection does not takes place (you see no snap to connection and if you turn the wheel, the tire does not follow the movement)

WheelMissConn.txt should contain the list filenames of wheels having any missed connection apart the tire ones. For example some technic wheels having pinhole or axle holes that are not working when you try to insert a pin or an axle in them.

Any serious vouluntaries are welcome.

Byes

Sergio
Sergio Reano
(Author of the program)

Philo

Re: Help request

Postby Philo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:01 pm

xSergio74 wrote:TireManager.txt should contain the pairs of the filenames of wheel - tire one for each row and separated by a TAB character.
If a wheel has more than one supported tire, then multiple rows must appear on the file where the wheel filename remains the same while the tire file name changes on every row.
Sergio
I don't think I'd be able to be serious enough at the moment... But the Bricklink Tire on Wheel relationship might help.

xSergio74

Postby xSergio74 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Philo wrote:But the Bricklink Tire on Wheel relationship might help.

... just to be sure I understand: each section of the page indicates that every tire in specific section fits correctly on every wheel belogings to the same session?
Is that exact?

Sergio
Sergio Reano
(Author of the program)

Philo

Postby Philo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:35 pm

xSergio74 wrote:
Philo wrote:But the Bricklink Tire on Wheel relationship might help.

... just to be sure I understand: each section of the page indicates that every tire in specific section fits correctly on every wheel belogings to the same session?
Is that exact?

Sergio

Yes... Now it's only a collaborative work, there may be errors or incompleteness.

Return to “Support Forum”