View port rendering

Talk about anything about LEGO here!
mkzee

View port rendering

Postby mkzee » Mon May 02, 2011 4:49 pm

First off, id like to thank you for this program! You are quite talented sir and are creating an amazing utility!
It has come a long way!

Id like to add a feature request that I have... which is rather a large one to implement.

In general better viewport rendering.

More specifically, IF at all possible, shadows(perhaps with shadow maps?) , GLSL shader support(for realtime ambient occlusion and such), perhaps a more tweaked plastic shader,and perhaps adjustable light settings.

Just a few rough ideas for making the visual experience as enormously enjoyable as the building :) The viewport visuals now are great dont get me wrong, but its more akin to a modeling program, it would be amazing if it could look a bit more like a final render.

xSergio74

Re: View port rendering

Postby xSergio74 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi,
I was working at a better image quality, but my shaders knowledge is not so deep.

Can you help me someway?

Sergio
Sergio Reano
(Author of the program)

mkzee

Postby mkzee » Mon May 02, 2011 9:25 pm

I personally dont code myself :(

But I can help you track down information, articles, examples etc. Just let me know. I assume your using directx for the graphics api? Then HLSL would be the shading language of choice. There should be many GPL shaders available as well. These shaders can be used as full screen effects such in the case of AO, to materials applied to the objects.

Let me know how I can help?

mkzee

Postby mkzee » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:57 pm

if you can find a way to hook in fx shaders into the viewport, there seems to be plenty of premade gpl shaders. Imo the biggets shader to have is SSAO... seems to be the big reason why ldd looks so nice.

Return to “General Talk”