Bill Krueger
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum!

Postby Bill Krueger » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:45 am

welcome to the SR 3D Builder web forum!

widetent

Re: Welcome to the forum!

Postby widetent » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:22 am

Bill Krueger wrote:welcome to the SR 3D Builder web forum!

Great ;)

I hope SR3D Builder to be world best LEGO CAD program.

legoandi

Postby legoandi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:29 am

Will SR 3D be abvailable for Macs on OSX Snow Leopard or future revisions of the Apple OS?
I just had a brief look at the demo video and I'm really impressed!!!! I've been modeling with LEGO's original LDD since it became actually a useable tool. It's limitations are obvious, but I appreciate the snap functionality and the ability to rotate parts without "loosing" the grid. (I guess it's because it doesn't really work with a global grid, more with something like a local snap algorithm.) I'm also a big fan of POVRAY and this is why I had to go through Bricksmith using the LDraw LGEO library to be able to convert my models into POVRAY sdl code. It took me a long time to successfully convert something but finally I got it to work. Unfortunately at the same time, Bricksmith is extremely annoying to work with. Larger models seem impossible to handle because of the missing ability to center the 3D rotation of the viewer somewhere else but the center of the whole model. The converted model doesn't come through correctly and it needs fixing. That is ok, I don't expect everything to be converted perfectly. But I'm working on different plane angles and I'm going crazy not to be able to snap my parts in place! AAAARRRGGG! This is why I searched for a different Editor and came across your seemingly magnificent program. Ohh how I wished I could have the kinematic functionality that was demonstrated in the advanced steering youtube video. PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEE Make this available for MAC users too!

I'm apologizing for the long post, but It made me feel better writing this down.

Thanks,

Andi

xSergio74

Postby xSergio74 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:14 pm

legoandi wrote:Will SR 3D be abvailable for Macs on OSX Snow Leopard or future revisions of the Apple OS?
I just had a brief look at the demo video and I'm really impressed!!!! I've been modeling with LEGO's original LDD since it became actually a useable tool. It's limitations are obvious, but I appreciate the snap functionality and the ability to rotate parts without "loosing" the grid. (I guess it's because it doesn't really work with a global grid, more with something like a local snap algorithm.) I'm also a big fan of POVRAY and this is why I had to go through Bricksmith using the LDraw LGEO library to be able to convert my models into POVRAY sdl code. It took me a long time to successfully convert something but finally I got it to work. Unfortunately at the same time, Bricksmith is extremely annoying to work with. Larger models seem impossible to handle because of the missing ability to center the 3D rotation of the viewer somewhere else but the center of the whole model. The converted model doesn't come through correctly and it needs fixing. That is ok, I don't expect everything to be converted perfectly. But I'm working on different plane angles and I'm going crazy not to be able to snap my parts in place! AAAARRRGGG! This is why I searched for a different Editor and came across your seemingly magnificent program. Ohh how I wished I could have the kinematic functionality that was demonstrated in the advanced steering youtube video. PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEE Make this available for MAC users too!

I'm apologizing for the long post, but It made me feel better writing this down.

Thanks,

Andi

Dear Andi,
I can understand your enthusiasm. I'd feel the same way if I discover on internet such a program!!
Unfortunately the program is not available under MAC. I never used a MAC and, to say the true, I don't know which are, or could be, the differences between MSWIndows and MAC OSx. Furthermore my application uses some deeply specific function library like MS DirectX, that are not supported by other system like OpenGL standard.
So at the moment I find very hard to predict any future releases of the application available for that operating system.
On the other side, you can always partition your MAC hard disk to let you choose to load Microsoft operating system or MAC OSx in dual boot. This could be anyway a solution, even if you have to pay for MS license...

byes

Sergio
Sergio Reano
(Author of the program)

Return to “General Talk”